Douglas, Ontario, Canada
Período de realización
- In order for the dam to comply with the current standards, post-tensioned anchors type have been installed.
- Optimise the design of an improved tailrace.
- Mitigation of possible environmental impacts.
Multistream Power Corporation hired Hydrosys to build a new powerhouse to maximize the site’s hydroelectric potential. The project consisted of modifying the existing dam, of demolishing the existing powerhouse and building a new larger plant able to accommodate six new Kaplan Vertical Saxo-type turbines capable of generating 1.8 MW of electricity. Also included in this project was the construction of an improved tailrace channel and a diversion wall to mitigate the potential environmental impacts of changing the downstream water flow patterns.
Hydrosys was responsible for the engineering and construction management of the entire project. Other responsibilities included obtaining necessary permits and a participation in the work’s quality control aspect. Also, Hydrosys supervised all construction work.
- Remediation study.
- Evaluation of the hydropower potential.
- Environmental assessment.
- Engineering summary report.
- Dam stability evaluation.
- Modelling and design of the new tailrace canal section.
- Evaluation of hydro mechanical equipment needs.
- Project cost evaluation.
- Drawings and technical specifications for construction.
- Construction supervision and management.