Franquelin, Québec, Canada
Período de realización
- Reinforced concrete water intake structure on sand foundation with drainage blanket.
- « Semi-gravity » style dam with post stressed anchors.
- Design of a 2.6 m fiberglass penstock.
ARMATURA PRIZE – CIVIL ENGINEERING CATEGORY
The hydroelectric project of Chute-à-Thompson has a 10 MW power capacity and is located near Baie-Comeau (Québec). The project involves the construction of a concrete dam, a spillway, a cofferdam, an intake structure and adjacent embankment dams.
Hydrosys was mandated by Groupe Axor to provide both detailed design work and technical support during construction. The heart of this mandate was to provide the client with optimum technical solutions and civil engineering designs, while assisting Groupe Axor with all necessary steps involved in the development of the hydroelectric project.
- Review of all available information for the site.
- Hydraulic study.
- Techno-economical optimization.
- Dam break assessment and floodplain mapping.
- Governmental authorization application.
- Stability studies for concrete structures.
- Slope stability analysis as well as preparing drawings and specifications for all embankments.
- Detailed engineering plans and specification for the spillway, the concrete dam, the cofferdam, the intake structures and the adjacent embankment dams.
- Engineering of the access bridge for construction trucks as well as a steel walkway and fish passage structure.
- Coordination and project management.