Lévis, Québec, Canada
Elements of complexity
- Dam break study.
- Stability study.
Dam safety assessment for Chaudière Falls Dam, located on the Chaudière River, in the town of Lévis, near Québec. This assessment is being conducted in accordance with the Dam safety regulation (LSB, 2000, c.9) (L.R.Q., chapter S-3.1.01).
The dam includes a spillway, a water intake and partitions. The small hydro power plant generates 25 MW.
Hydrosys was responsible for conducting the necessary studies in order to complete the safety evaluation. Such studies included dam inspection, slope stability assessment, structural stability assessment, hydraulics and hydrology and dam break analysis.
- Revision of the available information concerning the dams.
- Visit to perform inspections for dam safety evaluations.
- Drafting of the three inspection reports including conclusions and recommendations concerning the state of the dams.
- Hydraulic and hydrology studies.
- Dam break analysis.
- Layout and characteristics of the incremental flood zones.
- Review of the consequential water levels following a dam rupture in accordance with the Dam Safety Act.
- Review of the dam design and stability studies for the retaining structures.
- Review of the water management plans and the emergency plans.
- Review of the dam ranking.
- Drafting of the three dam security evaluation reports including recommendations and corrective measures.