Chesterville, Crysler, et Plantagenet, Ontario, Canada
Elements of complexity
- Dam break studies.
- Dam stability studies.
- Sensitivity of region to flooding.
- Water management plan.
Dam safety assessment for the Chesterville, Crysler and Plantagenet dams located on the South Nation river in the municipalities of Chesterville, Crysler and Plantagenet, south-east of Ottawa. This study was realised in conjunction with the laws present in the Lakes and River Improvement Act and its Technical Bulletins (2011).
The structures that were under evaluation included a dam composed of five sluices, an overflow dam equipped with a two-sluice flood evacuator and second overflow dam.
Hydrosys was hired by the South National Conservation responsible for conducting the necessary studies in order to complete the safety evaluation of each three dams.
- Revision of the available information concerning the dams.
- Visit to perform inspections for dam safety evaluations.
- Drafting of the three visual inspection reports.
- Hydraulic and hydrology studies.
- Dam break study for the three structures.
- Layout of the floodplains.
- Review of the dams’ level of consequence following a dam rupture in accordance with the Lakes and River Improvement Act.
- Review of the dam design and stability studies for the retaining structures.
- Review of the water management plans and the emergency plans.